Contained here are the Terms and Conditions which you must read and agree to before registering for the TutorTap Website. Please take a time to read and understand the Terms and Conditions before registering for the TutorTap Website. Existing members shall be informed of these Terms and Conditions once they login. Continued registration with TutorTap is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions may change from time to time.
Please make sure that your email address we have stored for you is current and you can access it. If your email address changes, we can update it on our systems on your behalf.
1. The following expressions are given the following meanings:
2. In these Terms-
3. All business undertaken by TutorTap, a Tutor and/or a Tutee or his parent/guardian is transacted subject to these Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and any other terms and conditions, these Terms shall prevail. Obligations of TutorTap and related provisions.
4. The TutorTap Website has been established to allow a Tutee to contact a Tutor and to allow a Tutee to view the Tutor's profile.
5. TutorTap will take precautions it considers appropriate to keep the details of a Tutor and Tutee secure but will not be liable for unauthorised access to the information provided by a Tutor and Tutee on the TutorTap Website.
6. TutorTap is not responsible for appraising information on the TutorTap Website. Members should exercise complete caution. Despite prohibitions, Members may provide information or otherwise behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading or illegal. Further, TutorTap can offer no guarantee that Members are who they say they are.
7. A Tutor warrants that he-
8. Tutors who contact Tutees who are under the age of 18 must ensure that the Tutee has consent from a parent or a guardian to provide tuition services to the Tutee.
9. A Tutor is responsible for the prices quoted for his services on the TutorTap Website and for collection of all fees due to a Tutor from a Tutee. TutorTap is not liable to the Tutor for any fees that have not been paid and will not get involved in any disputes about fees between a Tutor and a Tutee.
10. A tutor takes full responsibility for all information that he provides on the TutorTap Website and must indemnify TutorTap in relation to any liability incurred by TutorTap as a result of such information.
11. A Tutor shall indemnify TutorTap for all claims and liabilities arising out of any use by the Tutor of the TutorTap Website, including costs and expenses incurred.
12. A Tutor must contact a Tutee through the TutorTap Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
13. A Tutor must not be in any way abusive about a Tutee or his nominee on the TutorTap Website or any other place.
14. A Tutor is not an employee of TutorTap and accepts full responsibility for all Income Tax, National Insurance and other liabilities arising from use of the TutorTap Website.
15. All information provided by a Tutor on the TutorTap Website must be accurate and kept up-to-date. This includes a correct name, address, telephone number and qualification/experience details. Details entered by the Tutor on the TutorTap Website will be publicly visible and may appear in search engine results.
16. Use of the TutorTap Website is entirely at a Tutor's own risk. A Tutor must exercise complete caution when using the TutorTap Website and entering into any agreements to provide tutoring services to a Tutee.
17. A Tutee who is under 18 years of age must have consent from a parent or a guardian to register and that parent or guardian must enter into any agreement with a Tutor to provide tuition services. It is the responsibility of that parent/guardian to check the credentials of the Tutor. TutorTap is not responsible for any disputes regarding parental consent or any problems that a Tutee or a patent/guardian has experienced with a Tutor.
18. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, is responsible for verifying the credentials, expertise, references, CRB/DBS checks and qualifications of any Tutor with whom he enters into or proposes to enter into a Contract. TutorTap does not offer any guarantee that any information provided on the TutorTap Website is accurate and correct.
19. A Tutee, or where relevant their parent/guardian, accepts that his Contract for tuition services is with the Tutor. TutorTap is not a party to such a Contract and is not responsible for the performance of any obligations agreed or impliedly agreed through actions between the Tutor and Tutee.
20. A Tutee must contact a Tutor through the TutorTap Website. Any other means of communication is prohibited.
21. A Tutee agrees not to use TutorTap to advertise, promote or search for tuition services for their own company, nor may an agency acting for a company register to promote their services or opportunities. Tuition agencies wanting to promote their service on TutorTap should contact us.
22. A Tutee cannot act as an agent to promote the services or opportunities of a company.
23. A Tutee must not publish any abusive comments about a Tutor or a Tutee on the TutorTap Website or any other place. This include defamatory or derogatory comments.
24. TutorTap is not responsible for examination entry; this is the sole responsibility of the Tutee.
25. Members must not use the TutorTap Website for illegal, unlawful or prohibited purposes. This includes sending or posting junk email or spam, publishing misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene or advertising material, or send viruses and worms.
26. Members must not impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that they have no authority to use.
27. Members must not post material to the TutorTap Website in which the copyright or intellectual property is or may be the property of another person or body.
28. You confirm and agree that the Tutor will have reserved a time slot and use of the online virtual classroom and You therefore acknowledge and agree that the Tutoring Services shall commence on the Deemed Start Date and You hereby waive Your statutory cancellation rights to the extent possible pursuant to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (the "Regulations") and agree for the Services to start on the Deemed Start Date. For the avoidance of doubt, prior to a booking request being accepted by a tutor, a Client shall be entitled to cancel the Tutoring Services ordered. Once the lesson has been scheduled and accepted by the Tutor, in the event that the Client wishes to cancel the Tutoring Services ordered, the following cancellation provisions shall apply:
a. if cancelled within forty-eight (48) hours of the online Tutorial start date and time, You shall forfeit 100% of the Client Fees payable; or, b. if cancelled in excess of forty-eight (48) hours prior to the online Tutorial start date and time, You will be offered either:
i. a re-scheduled Tutorial; or failing agreement on that, ii. Your TutorTap Wallet will be credited with the full equivalent amount of the TutorTap Credits.
29. All Tutorial cancellations (and any refund requests or requests to re-schedule) must be made directly via the Site and in writing to your tutor. A refund granted under clause 28b(ii) by way of TutorTap Credit shall be subject to You following the notification process in this clause 29 in all circumstances.
30. If You simply do not show up to Your Tutorial and You do not notify us, You will not be entitled to a refund in whole or in part under any circumstances.
31. Where there has been a Cancellation Notification of a Tutorial by a Client pursuant to clause 28b(ii), the equivalent Client Fees shall be credited back to Your TutorTap Wallet in the form of TutorTap Credits within three (3) days of receipt of Your Cancellation Notification.
32. TutorTap has no control over or responsibility for the truth or accuracy of any material available on the TutorTap Website, whether provided by Members or others. Third party websites may appear on the TutorTap Website. TutorTap does not endorse or have any responsibility for the site in question or anything which appears on it.
33. TutorTap is not and cannot be responsible for the behavior of Members, whether on the TutorTap Website or outside of it. TutorTap only provide a service for a Tutor and Tutee to be introduced. TutorTap does not pre-screen or monitor the material contributed by Members.
34. TutorTap is not liable for direct, indirect consequential or any other form of loss or damage that may be suffered by a Member through the use of the TutorTap Website including loss of data or information or any kind of financial or physical loss or damage.
35. Members agree to indemnify TutorTap against all liabilities, claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these Terms and Conditions or through use of the TutorTap Website.
36. TutorTap does not guarantee that a Tutor will be secured to meet the Tutee's needs.
37. TutorTap is not responsible for any grade received by a Tutee or any consequence that examination grades entails.
38. The code, brand and intellectual property of the TutorTap Website cannot be reused without TutorTap's consent. All copyright, trade marks, and other intellectual property rights in and relating to the TutorTap Website (including the material which is contributed by Members) are owned by TutorTap. It is prohibited to copy, distribute, show in public or create any derivative work from the TutorTap Website, or any of the material which is found on the TutorTap Website without the consent of TutorTap. Please see our Copyright Notice, which forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
39. By submitting any material to the content to the TutorTap Website, you:
40. TutorTap reserves the right to withdraw or modify aspects of the TutorTap Website, or the entirety of it.
41. TutorTap reserves the right to suspend or terminate a Member's access to the TutorTap Website, or parts of it. TutorTap reserves the right to remove, or require the Member to remove, material posted on the TutorTap Website. Any person whose access has been suspended or terminated must not re-register for, or re-access, the TutorTap Website without prior consent from TutorTap.
42. The open-access nature of the TutorTap Website means that TutorTap cannot prevent determined people whose Membership has been suspended or terminated from re-accessing or re-registering as Members, in breach of their obligations under these Terms.
43. TutorTap reserves the right to withdraw any material on the TutorTap Website which appears, whether based on information received from Members or others or our own determination, to be capable of breaching any part of these Terms and Conditions, or to bring the TutorTap Website into disrepute. TutorTap does not generally monitor material which appears on the TutorTap Website and TutorTap is reliant upon Members to notify TutorTap of anything Member's see here which appears likely to breach these Terms and Conditions.
45. TutorTap may restrict access to the TutorTap Website for any period and if necessary permanently at the sole discretion of TutorTap. Members shall not be entitled to any reimbursement of any fees or expenses incurred as a result of such restriction or for any inconvenience caused.
46. TutorTap may monitor postings to the TutorTap Website and communications through the TutorTap Website and have the right to delete and/or block such postings or communications at their sole discretion.
47. TutorTap give no guarantee that the TutorTap Website is free of viruses worms or any other form of harmful components.
48. The distance data supplied on the TutorTap website is calculated using the latitude and longitude of the postcode. On occasions we only use part of the Postcode, so TutorTap can not guarantee that the data supplied on distances between postcodes is accurate.
49. TutorTap may use data for statistical analysis and may provide this to interested third parties.
52. Severability. In the event that any term of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by judicial decree or decision, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
53. English Law and the jurisdiction of English Courts applies to these terms.
Terms of Service (Last updated October 21, 2015)